In 1911, a frame church was erected on lots 23 and 24 of the original Jerome townsite. The first alter was home-made and the pews were crude benches. The church continued to grow over the years. In 1922, the church became an official parish. Father B. J. Carey was the first pastor. A completely new church was erected and dedicated on Oct 7, 1951. Over the sacristy was a bell tower in which hung a 710 pound bell. Mr. L. W. Greving donated this bell. The bell tolls before each mass. St. Jerome's was recently remodeled and rebuilt into the beautiful church which stands today.